Sports Focus Coaching
Sports Focus Coaching Ltd
PE / PPA / Breakfast / Lunch & after School Clubs
Sports Focus Coaching Fitness Programme for 4 – 11 year olds.
The Sports Focus Coaching PE Programme is curriculum linked to the Department of Education 2013 programme.
- PE Lessons
- PPA Cover
- PE Teacher Support
Our qualified coaches deliver high quality PE lessons to inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and a broad range of physical activities.
Our PE Programmes are structured to improve your childs’ fundamental movement skills, physical literacy and fitness.
Children will become physically confident and learn the importance of a healthy lifestyle; whilst building character and values such as fairness, teamwork and respect.
With over 15 years of experience we believe our fun, professional and forward thinking services can help achieve a happy environment for your staff and children.
We have tailored packages to best suit your schools needs, no matter how big or how small these may be.
Our team of Primary PE Specialists work to the highest standards in education. Each member of staff has training and experience working with pupils from Reception to Year 6, enabling them to deliver outstanding levels across all areas of the curriculum.
Here are some of sports and activities we can offer your school or organisation;
- Tag rugby
- ABC’s of movement
Key Stage 1 Programme
Pupils will develop their fundamental movement skills, become increasingly confident and access a broad range of opportunities to extend their agility, balance and co-ordination. We ensure to improve their development on both an individual and group level.
They will engage in competitive and co-operative physical activities, in a range of increasingly challenging situations.
Pupils are taught to:
- Master the fundamental movements also known as the ABCs (agility, balance and co-ordination) whilst developing both gross and fine motor skills.
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns
Key Stage 2 Programme
Pupils are taught to apply and develop a broader range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways and to link them to make actions and sequences of movement.
Children learn to communicate, collaborate and compete with each other and develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports. We also endeavour to teach pupils how to evaluate and recognise their own success.
Pupils are taught to:
- Use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination
- Play competitive games, modified where appropriate, for example, handball, basketball, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounder’s and tennis, and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- Develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance through athletics and gymnastics
- Perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- Take part in outdoor and adventure activities that challenge both individually and as part of a team
- Compare previous performances and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best
We also offer workshops themed on promoting “young leaders” for KS2 children to gain the confidence needed to deliver fun games and activities to the younger years during break and lunch times.
⁃ Specific training for your school teams or clubs to prepare for upcoming fixtures or matches. This can be tailored to your individual needs.
⁃ Specially designed classes to improve children’s understanding of working in a team environment.